Leadership Paper

What it takes to be a leader.   I believe being a leader is more than just heading a workout or being the head of a group.   A leader is someone who stands out from the rest of the pack and makes it his goal to be the very best.  

    I have lots of experience being a leader; I was the captain of my high school wrestling team for three years, I was my youth group’s leader at church, and everything I participate in a try to lead.   I believe I was picked my sophomore year to be team captain because not only of my wrestling skill, but because I was always first on the mat, last off, and I did every single thing in my power to better myself and my team.

    I believe a leader should be someone who is very outgoing. A leader should be outgoing because no one wants to follow someone who just sits there and doesn’t try to interact with people in his group.   One example is our President, as much as I hate to admit it, I bet most people voted for him because he had great people skills and was always willing to go out and talk with people.  

    Another characteristic a leader should have is drive.   A leader should go after whatever he wants and strive after that goal and obsess over it until he gets it and as soon as he gets his goal he should never be satisfied and should have a larger drive to go after bigger and better things and accomplish everything humanly possible in his field and that is when he should be satisfied.

    In wrestling a leader is the guy who is never backing down, never giving up, fighting like hell to succeed, out working everyone in the room, and does every little thing to make sure everyone else on the team is working just as hard as him.  

One example of a leader in wrestling is Brent Metcalf.   I watched a video on Iowa and listened to coach interviews and they said Metcalf was always on his grind, always pushing to be the best, and was never satisfied.   Coach Brands said if he got beat even in one sprint he would go after the person...



This is Preview only. If you need the solution of this assignment, please send us email with the complete assignment title: ProfessorKamranA@gmail.com