Conflict

Below is a free essay on "Conflict" from AssignmentSolutionsSpot, your source for free research papers, essays, and term paper examples.

I am sitting here feeling the coldness of the seat beneath me. Watching the rain drops trickle down the train window. I pick up a news paper to find out what’s happening in Melbourne's news. The first thing to capture my tired eyes is how racism is becoming an almost daily occurrence on Melbourne transport. I look up and see many different races of people around me. They are normal. They aren't any different so why treat them any differently is the question I ponder. my mind. But what also goes through my mind is what if I was a witness   to such an   an incident. Would I betray those   who were being abused and simply sit thorough it quietly?   Or would I stand up and help them?   Unfortunately until I have been put into a situation as such I will never know. I would like to say I would do all I can to help but I never know.

I turn back to the newspaper and a title grabs by attention ‘Silence is betrayal’ I read with interest. It is interesting to see how differently each one of us reacts to conflict. There is no doubt that conflict is a common occurrence in every aspect of our lives; it is inevitable and unpreventable. It is capable of causing destruction and grief- as noted in S. A Jones’ article - but it can also be a catalyst for positive change. It is how we choose to behave in these times of conflict that define who we are and how we are viewed in society. vvConflict at times can bring about the best in some individuals enabling them to display surprising qualities and can also bring about the worst in people. Some people may show no reaction towards conflict and be absolutely unmoved by it.


The train driver’s voice wakes me out of my deep thought. I am surprised to see that I am nearly home. I slink back and once again my mind drift and I think about some of my reactions to the challenges that life has thrown at me. Of late I feel as if   I am constantly fighting with myself, especially as I am in the middle of studying for my VCE. This new person I’ve...

Read Full Essay

AssignmentSolutionsSpot offers free essay examples to help students with their essay writing.

Sign Up for free to view this essay on Conflict.

Submitted by: Gcoules on May 28, 2013Category: English Length: 530 wordsViews: 8

This is Preview only. If you need the solution of this assignment, please send us email with the complete assignment title: ProfessorKamranA@gmail.com