Assignemnt

3530 - Assignment #1 AP/ADMS3530 3.0 Assignment #1 Fall 2012

Instructions: ________________________________________________________________ (1) This assignment is to be done individually. You must sign and submit the standard cover page supplied with this assignment. Before you start, please read the note “Writing Style Required for ADMS3530 Assignments” posted on the course web site. Please stick to the writing guidelines suggested in the note. This assignment is due in class on Thursday, 4 October 2012. This assignment must be handwritten. Work that is too difficult to read due to poor handwriting will receive zero credit. You must show your work to receive full credit. This assignment carries a total mark of 100 points. Late assignments will not be accepted for any reason (technical or otherwise). Decimal places: please keep at least 4 in your calculations and at least 6 for interest rates and at least 2 in your final answers. All interest rates are annual unless stated otherwise.

(2)

(3) (4)

(5) (6)

(7)

1

Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies YORK UNIVERSITY Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ADMS3530 3.0 Finance

Professor Section

Assignment #1 Due Date: 4 October 2012 Personal Work Statement I, the undersigned: ? warrant that the work submitted herein is my work and not the work of others ? acknowledge that I have read and understood the Senate Policy on Academic Honesty ? acknowledge that it is a breach of the University Regulations to give and receive unauthorized assistance on a graded piece of work Name York Student # Signature

2

Question 1 - TVM (10 marks)

Consider the following time line of cash flows: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 I--------I--------I--------I--------I--------I--------I--------I--------I--------I---------I X X Y X Z In the time line above, the time intervals are in years. The annual interest rate is 4%. The deposits X ? Y ? Z. (a) Excluding deposit Z, the present value of the cash flows today is $1,200...



This is Preview only. If you need the solution of this assignment, please send us email with the complete assignment title: ProfessorKamranA@gmail.com